Elgin Falls Retirement Community
Our upcoming Retirement Community in Elgin Falls is located next to MacBain Skateboard Park & Community Centre, just off the Queen Elizabeth Highway at the McLeod Road interchange. This location offers a variety of shopping, entertainment, and dining opportunities. The Boys & Girls Club just minutes away is a great option for those looking for group exercise programming, and the newly developed Niagara Square Shopping Centre, Costco, and Cineplex theatre are just across the street to suit your shopping and recreation needs. Aside from our excellent onsite health care services, the Niagara Falls Retirement Community is just a short drive from the home of the future South Niagara Hospital. For those looking to spend time outdoors, the nearby Millennium Trail is perfect for walking and biking across the city.
This thoughtful community consists of 150 units in total, with options including Senior Apartments, Independent All-inclusive Living, and Supportive Living. It is truly designed with all your future needs in mind.
Experience Life At Elgin Falls Retirement Community
From the moment you walk into the warm and welcoming lobby you will feel right at home. Our friendly reception staff are always ready to assist with your everyday wants and needs.
The Elgin Falls Falls Retirement Community has its own unique character and style, showcasing the classic and timeliness architecture seen in all Glendelle communities. Tasteful and elegant décor is an important aspect of the Glendelle experience, and this recognizable level of luxury will make you proud to call this community home.
Tempt your plate and delight your senses with the fine dining options; our chefs prepare a variety of healthy options daily so you can choose a traditional favourite or a new culinary creation. Connect with friends and family over a meal in our elegant dining rooms and bistros. The welcoming environment and attentive care from our servers help to make every meal memorable. The main lobby will feature two dining rooms. For those who want a more casual self serve dining experience, the Café/Bistro offers fresh baked goods and snacks to enjoy throughout the day or join us in the formal dining room for a more formal experience.
Niagara Falls is famous as a wine and culinary destination for travellers from across Canada and the United States. Take advantage of some of the local favourites and fine dining options in the neighbourhood!
So many options you can’t help but get excited! Elgin Falls Retirement Community offers you a plentiful variety of different amenities designed for wellness, connection, and convenience. These amenities are an extension of your suite, giving you an elevated lifestyle experience. Here are just a few of the amenities we offer:
- Licensed bar
- Games room
- Library lounge
- ClubFit area featuring Pilates and a yoga studio
- Activity Room
- Chapel and theatre
- Lounge & spa
And so much more!
Choose from a selection of 1- and 2-bedroom suites equipped with full kitchens. Each suite has the capability to install a stackable washer/dryer. These suites will have their own private entrance and elevators to access their floor. Complement your living experience with dedicated common amenity spaces including a multi-purpose (party) room and fitness centre.
At Elgin Falls Retirement Community you can live your lifestyle as independently as you choose. However, you can take comfort in knowing that there is always the option of additional assistance or care on a short or long-term basis, should you ever need it.
Personal Onsite Care (Nursing)
Should you need dedicated personal onsite care, our experienced team of professionals will manage your needs in the manner to which you are accustomed. Nursing care will be available 24-hours a day for your peace of mind. We will offer medication administration, therapeutic spa baths, plus access to visiting doctors and other health care professionals.
Supportive Living (Day to Day Assistance)
Should you ever require extra assistance with day-to-day activities such as preparing meals or completing household chores, our Supportive Living Care Program offers you the exact level of support you require. Your Wellness Coordinator will custom design an attentive and individualized wellness program to help you go about your day with ease.
We will offer our all-inclusive Respite Care Program at Elgin Falls Retirement Community for people who need short term care and would like to experience life in a retirement community. We can accommodate your needs by making respite care available by the week, the month, or even by the day**.
Types Of Accommodations
The main distinction between the Seniors Apartments and the Retirement Residence is twofold:
- Seniors Apartments are like any other apartment; full kitchens (refrigerator, stove, microwave, dishwasher), infrastructure for insuite washer/dryer units to be added.
- Retirement Suites have kitchenettes (apartment sized fridge and microwave only) with some suites being provided with infrastructure for in suite washer/dryer units to be added.
- Both types of accommodation are enhanced for needs of seniors such as elevated toilets, grab bars are key locations, walk-in showers, daily check in security and safety systems.
- There are a number of sizes and styles anticipates for both the Apartments (1 Bedroom and 2 Bedroom Units) and Retirement Suites (Studios, 1 Bedrooms and 2 Bedroom Units).
- Seniors Apartments are for residents who are ready to downsize and still live a fully independent life. There are amenity spaces such as fitness facilities, a party room and outdoor amenity areas that can be utilized by these residents. There may be opportunities for additional services such as participation in dining experiences for additional fees.
- Retirement Suites are for residents that are looking for more personal care support. Their monthly lease includes all meals in the Bistro/Café and Main Communal Dining Rooms, weekly housekeeping and all the programs created for our residents by our Lifestyle Teams (including fitness classes, art classes, movie nights, game nights, excursions such as trips to local malls or theatre to name very few).
- In addition to our Retirement Suites, we also offer Supportive Living Retirement Suites for residents that require more personal care support such as assistance with medication reminders, bathing and grooming support, help with eating meals, etc.